Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Routing Problem

I have 5 Cisco 3500 series switches. I'm running Novell 5.1 strictly IPX protocol. 3 of the switches are connected via fiber and then connected to the server through a cat5 cable. The other 2 switches are connected via fiber and connected to the same server through another cat5 cable. So my Novell server as two nic cards which are connected to my switches. Everything works fine. I ran into a problem with having two nic cards in my server. I wasn't able to see other computers on the other switch because they are on the other nic card. So to fix this problem I created a cross over cable and disconnected one of my swithes from the server and connected it to the other switch that ran to the server. I down the server and turned off all the switches. I brought the server backup and turned on the switches and I know I'm getting the following errors on my server from the 2 switches that were connected to the other server nic card. "RIP router configeration error detected node 00C0F04684B5 CLAIMS 00000777 should be 00000888" the other error is "SAP router configeration error detected node 0001023d6266 claims 00000777 should be 00000888". I know it is the switches sending these error messages, because when I disconnect one of them one of the error messages goes away. Is their a command in the 3500 to set the network Id to 00000888 or is their something else I can try to due to fix this problem.

Thanks

Willie

1 REPLY

Re: Routing Problem

Your devices have learned ipx network a, and now they are on b. 3500's (not 3550s0 have no layer 3

understanding, my guess is its hp printers that are

upset, and possibly workstations.

try powering stuff down.

If you need to run 2 nics, you will need to run RIP

routing on the server

Views
Helpful
Replies