Views
Helpful
Replies

routing problem

diptanshusingh
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have a problem . i had got two isp's which are connected through my cisco 1700 series router running ios 12.2. i want to redirect my mail traffic to ISP1 and all other traffic to ISP2.

Please tell me how to do it.

4 Replies 4

ankurbhasin
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Diptanshu,

You have to configure Policy Base Routing (PBR) on your router which will check the incoming traffic and if it classified as Mail Traffic checking the ports numbers via access list it will go out via the ISP you choose and configure next hop as.

Your config should look something like this

access-list 100 permit tcp any any eq SMTP

!

interface ethernet 1

ip policy route-map POLICY-TEST

!

route-map POLICY-TEST permit 10

match ip address 100

set ip next-hop

!

route-map POLICY-TEST permit 20

set ip next-hop

Read this link for more details

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/qos_c/qcpart1/qcpolicy.htm#5530

HTH

Ankur

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

You can explore the possibilities in deploying policy based routing ,but do revert what kinda mail traffic you are talking about is it something related to web mased mail traffic (yahoo,hotmail) or between your locations ?

regds

hi

we have a exchange server which uses pop id's to retreive the mail server which is located outside the network . then it redistribute the mails to the network.i want this exchange mail traffic to be redirected to one isp and all other internet traffic to the other ISP.

hi

If thats the case you can configure as per the post done by Ankur,in case of any difficulties you can very well get back here...

regds