Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Routing Question

Hello:

Apologies if this is a dumb question but I am just getting started with routers and have a rotuing question. Looked through several books and still not clear how to acomplish this. I guess I'm a bit confused with the relationship of the interfaces on each router. What I am trying to accomplish in a lab environment is this.

Router A -

Int Ethernet 0 - 10.0.1.111

Int FA0 - 10.0.3.1

Router B -

FA - 63.148.230.1

Ser0 - 63.148.228.x

I am trying to set up a route that would allow anything from the 10.0.3.x (lab) network to route out through router b. keeping the lab environment segregated. How do I set up the routes. Can't figure this out.

Thanks again.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Routing Question

Without knowing more about the connectivity between these routers and the lab network, we can't provide an answer. If you're looking to tell router A to send all traffic sourced by 10.0.3.0/24 to router B, you probably want to use Policy Routing (you can search the site for configuration instructions). But this assumes there's a direct connection between the two routers, which doesn't appear to be the case based on the IP addressing you gave.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content