cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Routing using diginet and adsl links to one site

mahlangj
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer who connects to the mpls network using a leased line and adsl both to the same site. The leased line use Cisco 1721 and the adsl use cisco 837 sitting in the same subnet. The problem is that both links can not be up at the same time. How can I get both to be up at the same time.

9 Replies 9

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

The interface may be configured as backup and they may be used as secondary.

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

since both the links are getting connected to 2 different routers i would suggest to see something inline with HSRP for reduandcy.

do check this link out for more info ..

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800b3e13.html#wp1001531

Also before enabling or getting on to the implementation stage do remember the ios code support for this particular feature in both of your routers and the reqd H/W resources like Memory and flash size required to support the ios code..

regds

As per HSRP, is this not for router backup? where it detects a failed router and then allocates a standby? With regards to the original question, do you want the diginet and adsl line up simultaneously? Maybe load balance across to different routers?

Yes, that is correct I want to load balance across the different routers.

Well then i think Multichassis Multilink PPP would be your option. Check to see if your routers will support this option. Most of the 1000 series routers do, not sure about the 800s. Hope this helps.

Well then i think Multichassis Multilink PPP would be your option. Check to see if your routers will support this option. Most of the 1000 series routers do, not sure about the 800s. Hope this helps.

Thank you very much!!!

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

Since you wanted to have both reduandcy as well as load sharing in addition to my earlier post to look out on HSRP i would add to check out for configuring different groups on the routers to check for load sharing with HSRP itself.

do refer this link for more info on load sharing with hsrp..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1831/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800b3e13.html#wp1023868

regds

Thank you very much!!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: