Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Routing woes, Cisco 1600 Series router (1605), and PIX 506

I have a 1605 connected via serial connection to our DSU/CSU from the router it is then connected to a PIX 506 via ethernet ports, and from there it connects into our Catalyst 5000. The domain name is tied into .109 and the mail server into .110 the following is what I would like to do, please forgive me if these seems longwinded but I am very new to cisco products and am trying to learn.

I would like to have the ability to reference the mail server (Pop and SMTP) via the url, so mail.server.com ... And point all requests coming in via domain name to the internal mail server. I also would like to be able to point to that server (which is linked to the outside 110 address) via port 8080 in a web browser so intranet users can get their mail via the web. If this is all possible please let me know.

Now, on to my next question, I would like for all the rest of the .109 requests (The domain name external IP) to point to an internal machine that I would like to set up to function as an SSH/Telnet/FTP/Webserver box, which is currently already running. Now, I had configured it to work as an SSH Tunnel prior to a big power outage we had had recently but that configuration seems to have been wiped out. I had a network down call on it not long ago and took that opportunity to get help configuring it for an SSH tunnel. Any help with this would be muchly appreciated.

Now one last final note and will put this post out, I need to what I need to configure and where I need to configure it and how to save it, I am not quite sure what needs to be done router side or what needs to be done firewall side. Lastly how to save the changes and make it take and save them for the next time we might have power problems.

Thanks in advance for any and all help you are willing to give me!

1 REPLY

Re: Routing woes, Cisco 1600 Series router (1605), and PIX 506

Anyone ?

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content