cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RPS 300: switch is rebooting

druch
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using a Catalys 3550-48-EMI switch with an RPS 300. While testing the function of the RPS, I watched a very strange behaviour. When I disconnect the AC power from the switch, the RPS 300 takes over. After connecting back the AC power to the switch, the RPS 300 is in standby mode. When I press the button on the RPS to switch back in active mode, the switch is restarting!

Actually I have only one switch connected to the RPS 300. I verified the behaviour with a second RPS 300 system and came to the same result. What's the problem or am i doing something wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is working as designed and this behavior cannot be changed.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is expected behavior

Where can I found more information about that? Why is this the expected behavior?

The behaviour your are seeing with the RPS is the default. It provide backup when the AC power is gone but when you need to put the switch back to AC source, it will reboot the switch.

Thank's for your answer's. Is there a way to change this default behaviour?

I'm awaiting, that the switch isn't rebooting when switching back to the AC source.

This is working as designed and this behavior cannot be changed.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: