Views
Helpful
Replies

RPS socket in C2811

cm6043
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have a router C2811 with AC power supply. Now, I buy a Cisco RPS 2300 and will connect the DC power to the RPS of C2811. I would like to know weather I need to power off the C2811 then connect the DC power ?

Thanks

Leung che Man

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for your information. As the C2811 router is working on line, is it possible not to power off this C2811 then connect to the RPS 2300 ? Before connecting, I will place the RPS port of RPS 2300 into standby mode.

Thanks

Leung

Hi Leung,

Yes. You should place the RPS port in "Standby" mode, then connect the device, then place the RPS port in "Active" mode. This will prevent the device from rebooting when connected to the RPS. This is optional for the Catalyst 3750-E and Catalyst 3560-E switches.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi everybody,

I have a router C2811 with AC power supply. Now, I buy a Cisco RPS 2300 and will connect the DC power to the RPS of C2811. I would like to know weather I need to power off the C2811 then connect the DC power ?

Thanks

Leung che Man

Hi Leung,

Genrally what i would suggest take a downtime and then connect the RPS with router and also have a look in the below link on RPS 2300 installation and connecting with routers and switches.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/power_supplies/rps2300/hardware/installation/guide/rpsinst.pdf

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for your information. As the C2811 router is working on line, is it possible not to power off this C2811 then connect to the RPS 2300 ? Before connecting, I will place the RPS port of RPS 2300 into standby mode.

Thanks

Leung

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks

Leung

Hi Leung,

Yes. You should place the RPS port in "Standby" mode, then connect the device, then place the RPS port in "Active" mode. This will prevent the device from rebooting when connected to the RPS. This is optional for the Catalyst 3750-E and Catalyst 3560-E switches.

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Thanks for your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: