cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RSM Onboard Flash Simm

kulhalli
Level 1
Level 1

I have 8Mb onboard Flash SIMM on RSM module WS-X5302 installed in Cat5500 running IOS version 12.0(21a).

I want to upgrade the IOS version to 12.1(16) which requires 16MB onboard SIMM.

What is the Cisco part No for the 16MB onboard FLASH SIMM for WS-X5302??

Thanks

Mohan Kulhalli

4 Replies 4

Prashanth Krishnappa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We do not have 16MB DRAM SIMMS. We have 32M, 64M and 128M and the part numbers are as follows

MEM-RSM-64M=

MEM-RSM-128M=

MEM-RSM-32M=

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat5000/cnfg_nts/rsm/78_4592.htm#xtocid188980

Not sure if we have bootflash upgrade SIMMs. We have the following flash cards

PCMCIA Cards:

MEM-RSM-FLC16M=

MEM-RSM-FLC20M=

Those are DRAM SIMMS. Can they be used for Onboard Flash ( bootflash) to burn IOS in it ??

Thanks for quick reply.

Mohan Kulhalli

You are correct..Those are DRAMs and you cannot boot IOS from it. You can use the flash cards instead

MEM-RSM-FLC16M=

MEM-RSM-FLC20M=

I do not believe we have an upgrade for onboard flash but I'll research to see if there is an upgrade for it and let you know

I have already used the flash card for the upgarde. But found one of the articles on CCO mention a flash SIMM of 16MB for RSM and I did not find the part No. to order it .

The IOS version 12.1(16) is 9.2Mb which requires at least 16Mb - to burn in.

Please note there is just ONE slot for Flash SIMM on RSM and hence we need a 16MB Flash SIMM to replace it for the IOS upgrade.

Thanks for any feedback

Mohan Kulhalli

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: