cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

RSP1/Cisco7505 with flash-images greater 20MB ??

wagnerch
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is it possible to use an image file which is greater than the flash card size on a RSP1.

I think the biggest flash-card available for RSP1 is 20MB, so what can I do to get a greater image running on a RSP1.

Is there any possibility to mount to cards together?

Regards,

Chris

6 Replies 6

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

Found a fairly explicit URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps359/prod_installation_guide09186a00800d8582.html#xtocid964

You might have found yourself as well. It does not state what to do when an image does not fit on a flash-card. I think you have the option to upgrade the on-board flash (= bootflash) to 32Mb. It will not be possible to use space on more than one flash-card for the same image.

Check the command: partion flash for details.

Regards,

Leo

Looking in the Cisco GPL makes me thinking that there is no 32 MB-Fash card or SIMM for the RSP1 available, so that I am not able to use images greater 20MB.

Upgrading the RSP1 to RSPxy makes no sense in our case.

Regards,

Chris

Hi, I have checked the IOS upgrade planner and have not found a single

image that requires greater than 20MB of flash memory.

I was just wondering if you really need a flash card (for the RSP1)

greater than 20MB. Of course, besides the fact the you might want multiple

images stored in your flash card. Thanks.

Hi,

for example the Enterprise Software in T-Release needs more (rsp-jsv-mz.122-13.T1.bin Size 20266296).

We would need Enterprise software (at the moment 17MB) and it could become possible to use eg. a new card type which needs a T-software.

Regards,

Chris

Hi, yes you're right. It slipped out of my search. In fact, there's was an image

that uses almost 22MB. So I guess you won't be able to use such images

unless you replace your RSP1, or unless anybody else has another solution.

You might have the option to talk to your supplier and probably seek for

an "alternative solution". (You probably got my point...)

Thanks.

If you really needed the new features in the new code you could do a network boot also.