Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RSPAN Across 2 CATOS 6513's With SUP720

Good Day,

I have been requested to connect a WEBSENSE device to monitor Internet traffic going to out PIX's. I have 2 6513's running CATOS, connected via a trunk on the SUP720's. The SUP720's are running in HRSP.

The PIX's are connected to port 3/20 on both 6513's. I have already did a span on the 6513A, but am finding it diffcult to understand documentation to RPSAN to the 6513B port 3/20. Any information, configuration examples, or directions on where to look would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance for you assistance.

Dave Holder

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: RSPAN Across 2 CATOS 6513's With SUP720

read the "Configuring SPAN" tech tip for RSPAN and SPAN examples.

Doc ID: 10570

URL

:http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015c612.shtml

Thank you, but I want to have 3/21 on both the 6513's to be span'ed. It seems I can not have SPAN on one and RPSAN on the other going to the WEBSENSE port on the 6513A. Or do I have to do RPSAN on both switches?

Thanks,

Dave

Bronze

You can setup rspan source port/vlan on each switch to forward monitored traffic to the RSPAN vlan.

Then on the switch you want, you can configure the RSPAN destination port. I assume that's the websense port.

Or you could you do the way you have proposed. either way should be fine.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content