Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

RSPAN across site-to-site VPN tunnels

I've got an interesting problem that I believe is just not possible to resolve but I'll let you all decide.

There are two sites in this scenario. The remote site has a 2811 router and a 2950 switch connected to that router. The router is performing inter-vlan routing. The main site has a PIX 515, a 2811 router and a 3560 switch attached to the router. There is a site-to-site VPN tunnel between the remote site 2811 router and the PIX 515 router. Now, I need to take traffic from the 2950 at the remote site on the voice vlan and regenerate it back to a port on the 3750 at the main site for RTP traffic capture. This is an audio recording product that uses SPAN ports to capture streams.

So there it is...any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Member

Re: RSPAN across site-to-site VPN tunnels

Hi, I believe you will have to span locally from the 2950 and have the collection server on site there. I have never heard of a span or an rspan across a "wan" type connection.

3 REPLIES
Silver

Community Member

Hi, I believe you will have to span locally from the 2950 and have the collection server on site there. I have never heard of a span or an rspan across a "wan" type connection.

Community Member

I've looked over this prior to posting but it wasn't of much help. Here's what TAC had to say about this problem:

"I've checked your case with some coworkers from the VPN team trying to find out a way to make possible what you want to perform and we concluded that it is not possible due the RSPAN works only in layer 2 and to reach the remote site it is necessary to create layer 3 addressing in the vlans to pass through the router, vpn tunnel and the remote site and this is not possible."

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content