Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

RSPAN from multiple sources to multiple destinations

Hi

I would like to be able to monitor multiple RSPAN sessions from multiple switches. (for example i have three VLANs I want to monitor on three switches all to have a destination of three Ethernet interfaces) Ideally I would like all the RSPAN sessions to be monitored by 3 ports.

Do I need to have an RSPAN VLAN for each real VLAN I am monitoring and can that be replicated to multiple ports?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES

Re: RSPAN from multiple sources to multiple destinations

As far as if you can have multiple destination port on a single session the answer is yes. This is assuming that you have 3750. I believe that most of the otehr switches have the same limitation but you should check the configuration guide for that particular switch. Yuo can also use multiple vlan as a SPAN source.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat3750/12225see/scg/swspan.htm#wp1317252

Please rate helpful posts.

Re: RSPAN from multiple sources to multiple destinations

Is it possible to have multiple switches 'feeding' into the RSPAN VLAN though? Or do I need to have an RSPAN session for each switch?

Views
Helpful
Replies