Views
Helpful
Replies

%RTD-1-ADDR_FLAP: relearnig MAC address in wireless environment

ruben.montes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

we are experiencing some problems deploying a wireless LAN with Cisco 2500XL switches and Intermec APs and terminals. The users have cpmplained about experiencing some problems of connectivity in determined cells. I have seen this message in one of the switchs and I want t know if this means that any problems exists on the Cisco switches.

%RTD-1-ADDR_FLAP mac addr relearning 5 addrs per min

Best regards,

Ruben Montes

3 Replies 3

Hello ,

it is impossible that we have a STP loop. I want to know if this message is normal to appear in wireless environments with Cisco switches or if not, if there could be any problem with the switch (lose of connectivity for example).

Best regards,

Ruben Montes

eklaczko
Level 1
Level 1

I'm getting a constant stream of these errors on my syslog server as well. I think it has to do with users roaming between AP's. We have quite a bit of wireless clients closely packed so we have quite a few AP's per building. I'm guessing this is unavoidable and I am just looking for a way to quiet my switches down so my syslog doesn't get trashed and useless.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: