Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

RTM Error

Hi:

I have installed RTM ver 1.3.1 on a NT 4 with SP6a server. My attempt to login to the system fails throwing an error as follows:

"Login Unsuccessful Could not access the Netscout server, Make sure it’s running"

I tried restarting the service, but no luck.

Please advise.

Raj

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
9 REPLIES
Blue

Re: RTM Error

If you did not install nGenius RTM 1.3 as THE Local Administrator, or entered a database password with nothing but letters and numbers. The first character must be a letter, and the length of the password cannot exceed 15

characters. , you should uninstall and reinstall nGenius RTM 1.3

When reinstalling make sure you log in as THE Local Administrator, and not as some (domain)user that belongs to the Local Administrators group.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/RTM/rtm_faq.shtml

I have seen every error in the book on rtm. You have to reinitilize db.

Quick note make sure you unistall proberly. You have to put CD in and follow directions. I spent several hours trying to fix a problem because I did not uninstall proberly.

Hi:

Thanks for the suggestion. I have tried reinitializing the DB, but still with no luck. Please find the error as follows:

"Netscout Server is down, all the client windows must be closed and the server restarted"

Please advise.

Raj

I had successfully overcome the problem with RTM installation. Now it’s installed and configured. But there is some problem in getting the Network and Application layer reports. It’s not figuring out the data from the NAM, but works well with the embedded software (2.1.2) on NAM. I tried reconfiguring the switch on the RTM server configuration, but with no luck.

Please advise.

Blue

First, don't use both RTM and NAM's Traffic Analyzer to configure the NAM/switch to collect the data. It will overwrite each other's settings. Use either RTM or NAM's Web GUI. If you're using RTM, make sure that you have installed the latest RTM cumulative pacth from CCO which have several important bug fixes. That should help out.

I have installed all the patches for RTM and still am not able to get the Application and Network layer data.

Please advise.

Raj

You said you finally made it. Could you tell what the exact solution was? I had pretty much the same problem recently.

I have reinitialized the DB.Please follow the link to do so:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/477/RTM/rtm_faq.shtml#4

Raj

Views
Helpful
Replies