Views
Helpful
Replies

RTR (SAA) DNS check

amiklos
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all.

I'd like to ask you about some examples of configuration of RTR feature regarding to DNS.

There in our network is need to have supervised DNS services, and we need the traps sent from the routers to the supervision, that the DNS is down.

RTR should check DNS periodically whether this servis is up or is down. In the case that is down, router will sent the trap to the supervision. I will appreciate any examples, please mail to miklos@globtel.sk

regards

attila miklos

4 Replies 4

pboulo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Attila,

Take a look at this link...I have found it very useful in configuring SAA...

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/fun_c/fcprt3/fcd301d.htm#xtocid1122325

Regards

Phil

Hello Phil

I have already seen this page.

If You have got any life configurations of using this feature, I'll be glad.

I'd like to have some examples for using available options (timeout, threshold, SNMP ....)

But thank You anyway

Attila

Since this is a management forum I was wondering whether you have considered IPM from CW2000 RWAN bundle or SLM from CW2000 SMS bundle. Both seems to do a nice job.

BR. Michael.

:-)

Management station is running NNM and this is OK. But I need to configure supervised elements, for instance the routers. :)

Attila

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: