Views
Helpful
Replies

running-config

pccthailand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I use command 'show run' on my router but no configuration display , when i try to copy startup running it display error message ' %Error opening system:/running-config (Not enough space) '

how can i solve this problem

Thanks

8 Replies 8

leonvd79
Level 4
Level 4

Hello

Try issuing "show proc mem" and find memory consuming processes. Please see your IOS version, issue a "show version" and see if there are any open caveats for that particular release.

HTH

Leon

* Please rate useful posts.

Hi,

Just try dir system: command, whether it is showing running-config file like,

dir system:

Directory of system:/

2 dr-x 0 memory

1 -rw- 21937 running-config

We also faced the same problem in one of our switch, but fortnately starts working after a restart.

Once ensured the availablity of starting config, u can try by restarting it,

hope it will help,

Rgs,

pccthailand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I use command 'dir system:running-config' it show me

1 -rw- 5674 running-config

No space information available

Can i delete this file to solve my problem and how can i delete it ?

thanks

You can try to copy your running-configto tftp server "copy startup-config tftp" and issue "erase nvram". From there on you can copy the configuration back to your router "copy tftp startup-config" and reload the system.

HTH

Leon

* Please rate useful posts.

Hi,

Since the running-config is stored in DRAM Processor memory, i don't find any reason in delteing and restoring NVRAM contents.

So you just try by issuing show memory free command and find out whether it is showing any free space availbe in DRAM processor memory.

And also clarify whether it is new router/switch or the working one.

Rgs,

pccthailand
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

Thanks very much for reply

but if i can't to restart my router (It's very important) do you have any other way to solve it ?

thanks

Regards,

Hi,

What router it is ??? Becz, On Cisco 7500 series routers (including 7000 series with the RSP7000 card upgrade), a memory scanning feature is available.

Just go thro, this link under Reallocating DRAM Memory

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800ca737.html#wp1006990

which will give reasons and solutions for this kind problem.

Hope this will help,

Rgs,

ahalwani
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I know it is an old post but I faced the same problem and I couldn't restart the router.

However, I noticed that I had a lot of pat translations so I cleared all nats (clear ip nat tr *) and that resolved my problem.

HTH

-Ahmad

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: