Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Same IP in DC and DR- What to do?

Dear All,

In our Project, Some application Servers are running in Data Center..Simillarly we are going to use the same application servers and same IP Pool in DR center..In order to avoid that IP conflict  in Network..What i have to do?

Plz. help me

Thanks in advance

Regards

Senthil

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear All,

In our Project, Some application Servers are running in Data Center..Simillarly we are going to use the same application servers and same IP Pool in DR center..In order to avoid that IP conflict  in Network..What i have to do?

Plz. help me

Thanks in advance

Regards

Senthil

Hi Senthil,

To have same ip address in both DC and DR lots of things needs to be taken in consideration as you want load balacning between the application or failover mechanism and what is teh type of traffic which will hit the application from where like internet or MPLS or some other sources.

Check out the below link on active/active DCguideline

http://www.patents.com/application-based-active-active-data-center-network-using-route-health-injection-igp-20060195607.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate helpful post

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear All,

Plz. help me

Thanks in advance

Regards

Senthil

Hi Senthil,

To have same ip address in both DC and DR lots of things needs to be taken in consideration as you want load balacning between the application or failover mechanism and what is teh type of traffic which will hit the application from where like internet or MPLS or some other sources.

Check out the below link on active/active DCguideline

http://www.patents.com/application-based-active-active-data-center-network-using-route-health-injection-igp-20060195607.html

Hope to Help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate helpful post

Dear Ganesh,

In our Project, DR is used for failover only if anything happens in DC..Simillarly in IDR site, we are going to store some important datas from DC..Same application Servers, Same configuraion and same IP scheme in both DC and DR...In this case what we have to do?

Please See the network diagram.

Tks&Rgds

Senthil.R

Dear Ganesh,

In our Project, DR is used for failover only if anything happens in DC..Simillarly in IDR site, we are going to store some important datas from DC..Same application Servers, Same configuraion and same IP scheme in both DC and DR...In this case what we have to do?

Please See the network diagram.

Tks&Rgds

Senthil.R

Hi Senthil.R,

Ok the best way is to have silent DR with DC as active mode,I mean to say have the same ip addressing at DR as well but isolate teh DR network from DC and others.In case if any failure occur enable the link to reach DR with making DC link down.

In this way you can have DR network identical to others.

Hope to help !!

Ganesh.H

Remember to rate the helpful post

Dear Ganesh,

Thanks for your guidelines.Do you have any configuration file  on this issue.. If you have plz. send me the file

Tks&Rgds

Senthil.R

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco