Views
Helpful
Replies

same subnet cannot able to access database

premkumar
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

My network which is having a ip address range 10.170.x.x with mask 255.255.0.0.My problem is i can open a server database with public address which is behind my firewall once i opened this server database if i try to open an another database which is located in remote office server with a ip address range 10.172.x.x and subnet mask 255.255.0.0 i couldnt able to open.Same wise if open the remote server database immed if i try to open the server which is behind my firewall i cant able to open.

What is the problem ?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

First you should make your database available on the Internet (I suppose)

You need to configure a static NAT to achieve this. Then you do the same for the other side. Now you should be able to access the machines from anywhere through their NAT adress.

This all is assuming that both networks are interconnected through the Internet. Your posting was not too clear about this.

I realize that this might be too brief but there is insufficient information to help you further. Tell us some more and we will be able to help you along.

Goodluck

Network A 10.170.x.x with a subnet mask 255.255.0.0 is conected via lease line to Network B 10.172.x.x. with a subnet mask 255.255.0.0.

The problem is from network A i cannot able to open a lotus notes database which is located in network B.I can ping very well and also i can do the tracert connectivity.There is no firwewall in the network B side.

But some times very rare just like that if i tried to open a lotus notes database in the network B i can open.But after some day later if i try i couldnt open.

Network A and Network B are connected through cisco 3600 with lease line.

Hmmm, and where is your Firewall located then?

From this description it appears to me that IP connectivity is OK.

So you might have a problem with WINS or any other advertising service that is required to enable comms between A and B.

Firewall is located in network A .But firewall is no way linked with network A and B.Firewall is only for the web servers and internet connections for the network A.

Wins part is ok becuse i tried to open the server by ip address to by pass wins .

one more thing i want to tell u some times i can able to open the remote server database from network A to network B .

As I stated previously, IP routing seems to work fine. It looks like you are having a problem with the application itself.

Most likely this is related to name-resolving. How do you address the remote node? By IP adress or do you use a local hosts file? (lmhosts also possible)

We use Lotus here as well, even over the Internet. I was called to make it work. All I had to do for this was entering an entry in the local hosts-file as the remote server had no dns entry.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: