cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sdlc address state change

schmirj
Level 1
Level 1

What causes sdlc address state to change? We are attempting to attach a 3174 look alike controller to a cisco 1721 using a wic-1t. interface. The show interface commands shows Serial1 is up, line protocol is up and that ; DCD=up DSR=up DTR=up RTS=up CTS=up. The problem is the sdlc address state shows sdlc addr DC state is DISCONNECT.

The sdlc test command does not send a snrm and debug sdlc show no output at all.

I have tried a different router with a different wic 1t and same results.

I have tried 3 different interface cables.

I have gotten it to work successfully with the wic 2t card.

5 Replies 5

a-larkins
Level 1
Level 1

Whenever I get this message I call the guys managing the AS400 and tell them to reset the controller. This solves the problem everytime.

a-larkins
Level 1
Level 1

If you use STUN, the you should see something like this. Your SDLC local ack will say disconnected though.

This peer: 10.201.0.6

*Serial0/1 -- Link to AS400 Controller (group 1 [sdlc])

state rx_pkts tx_pkts drops poll

AA TCP 10.201.0.1 open * 200112 42957 0

SDLC Local Acknowledgement:

*Serial0/1 -- Link to AS400 Controller (group 1 [sdlc])

slack_state conn disc iframe_s iframe_r

AA TCP 10.201.0.1 Active 2 1 200103 42950

Thanks for the reply! I tried resetting the 3174 controller but same results. Not using stun.

get the system operators to activate the pu in vtam.

thanks for the reply! I am also the vtam sys pgmr. the router is not yet trying to get to vtam. I am trying to verify the router interface can 'talk' to controller with the sdlc test command using the cable.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: