Views
Helpful
Replies

Sdm on 837 Router

climbo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I've a question about a 837 Cisco router: we have an ADSl connection, (multiple ip address).

I've used CRWS interface to configure my router and everything was ok, but I wasn't able to set NAT and port forwarding options, so I turned to SDM and here's the problem. I've set the same parameters like CRWS, but i can't connect.

Our IP address, subnet, Dns and Vpi, Vci but nothing to do.

Can anyone help me?

I can give more information.

Thanks

Davide

4 Replies 4

vmoopeung
Level 5
Level 5

Although both device managersCRWS and SDMcome preinstalled, only one of these two applications can be active at a time. CRWS will be the active device manager by default, but SDM can be specified to be the active device manager when the router order is placed. If you need to make SDM the default device manger some changes should be done. Please refer the following link to switch between SDM and CRWS on Cisco 83x routers, making the inactive application the active device manager on the router.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5318/prod_installation_guide09186a008017dcc8.html

Thanks for your suggestion, but the problem is another.

I've just turned to Sdm device manager, following the instructions on the white paper and all was ok. At the configuration moment I put all the information:

Ip Address;

Subnet Mask;

Vpi;

Vci;

Dns;

But I'm not able to connect to the internet. (I use an RFC 1483 routed connection).

Here I'm stopping, because the same parameters using CRWS device manager will work!

And it's a problem for me, because I see that using SDM device manager I can set a lot of options than CRWS.

Thanks again.

Davide.

If the problem is to configure RFC 1483 using SDM you can refer this link:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5318/products_user_guide_chapter09186a00801eb2a5.html#1038046

Not applicable

Hi Davide,

I have exactly the same issue. Did you manage to sort it out in the end?

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: