Cisco Support Community
Community Member

secondary address stop responding

WS-C3750G-12S with c3750-i9-mz.122-20.SE4 populated with all SX SFP's.

I have multiple vlans configured, and route between them.

Vlan1 has 3 secondary addresses assigned and routes between those too.

One of the secondary addresses stopped responding and stopped traffic being routed to/from that subnet.

I had to remove and add again to make it start working.

Nothing in the log file, although the buffer size isnt very large and i get quote a few ip-3-looppak errors.

I presume these are because of the routing in the same vlan, which will be changing with some network changes due soon.

Once i deleted it, i tried pinging/arping for it to see if something else on the network was conflicting, but got nothing.

Any ideas on what would cause the addres to stop answering?

Re: secondary address stop responding

The information u have provided is fine, but it is not giving a clear picture of ur network setup.Can u send me an overview of ur network setup along with the output of show platform forward command?.

Also, send me ur output of the sh run cmd.These details will help me in tracing out the problem.

Re: secondary address stop responding

This sounds like a code type bug and you should probably open a TAC case . I know when we were testing these they had some strange quirks that we couldn't pin down like the switch would stop reponding when hooked to a older 2924 . You would have to go to the 2924 and ping the 3750 address in order for it to respond like it wasn't handling the arp process correctly.

CreatePlease to create content