Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Security Implementation

I would like to input a router inbetween two existing networks, one network doesnt belong to me and it is connecting straight into a switch of ours so that we can communicate with their network. I would like to put a router inbetween their network and ours and have two ethernet interfaces on the router. However I would like to have both eth interfaces to have an ip on the same subnet. Which I know is not allowed. How would I go about doing this or is there a better way to lock down traffic coming from their network into ours.

1 REPLY

Re: Security Implementation

You could use VLAN access maps on your switch to control traffic that's bridged within a VLAN or that is routed into or out of a VLAN. Support for VACLs depend on the type of switch you are using.

If you aren't exposed before to VACLs before the following link should guide you through the process.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a0080160a7e.html#wp1039754

Pls. rate the post if it helped.

HTH,

Sundar

Views
Helpful
Replies