Views
Helpful
Replies

See port status

beckerola
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I was wondering how you look for specific state ports in switches with catOS.

For example, we have here a lot of catalyst 6509 full of port modules and every port with port security activated.

When a port goes to shutdown, we have to find that particular port with a sh port and look all the ports that are on the switch until we find 2, 4 or whatever number of ports are in shutdown. Then we filter what we are looking for by MAC address.

I didn't find any command that shows only the ports that are shutdown, or activated, or not connected. There isn't the pipe to filter, or anything like a "grep" to see those specific ports.

I'm thinking about writing a script to filter the results on my PC but i would like to know if there is any solution or idea first.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Hi,

I think you can use the command - 'show port'. I dont think there is an option in catos for displaying a summary of all interfaces like there is in IOS.

Refer the following link:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps679/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007f78b.html#1019941

Hope this helps.

Regards,

AbhisheK

Please rate all posts!!!

What you could do is a:

term lenght 0

Then a `show port`

en then use the search funtion in your client for "shutdown" "disabled" "not connected"

You can also (if you have a linux/unix management station" do a:

script name

then login to the device do a show port

exit

Ctrl+D

en then do a quick grep "grep disabled name"

You can also convert your 6500 to Native IOS..

Please rate this post if it helps.

Thanks

I will try that

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: