cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Selecting Commited Burst(Bc) and Extended Burst(Be)

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

i hve gone thru a doc from cisco and came to know about the calculation of Bc/Be.

i hve a simpl/basic doubt when configuring the Rate-limit we are mentioning 3 main parameters related to B/W.

rate-limit input accessgroup 111 1024000 128000 192000

i want to know the first parameter(1024000) is this the CIR comitted to the customer??

second thing if i want to give B/W in (1024)1:4 ratio how the slicing will be done ?

rate-limit input accessgroup 111 256000 32000 48000

is this satisfying the second question?is it right?

pls throw some light on this..

prem

2 Replies 2

beng
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, Prem,

When Bc/Be is used, this is traffic shaping. Traffic shaping allows you to shape output traffic (egress traffic) on a per-physical port basis.

When us rate limit, This feature is (CAR) feature. You can deploy rate limiting on your switch router to ensure that a packet, or data source, adheres to a stipulated contract, and to determine the QoS for a packet. These are per interface.

If you want to do Frame-Relay traffic shaping, CAR or GTS is not recommended.

You can config the way you implemented if you intend to use CAR. 1024000 is the rate burst.

Regards,

/Bessie

hi bessie

thks for the reply.we rnt running frame relay.its a ordinary point to point serial Lease Line.between our end and the customer end b/w of th physical media is 2Mbps.customer is paying for 1Mbps Internet Bandwidt the same we need to limit at my end interface.obviosuly i m forced to use rate limiting which is the best way to achieve it.

so how this can be done using rate limiting??

prem

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: