Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Selectively Setting the NSSA P Bit on the ASBR

Hello,

I would like to selectively set the P bit on the ASBR for some type 7s, and unset it for others, so that four NSSA ABRs only translate some of the Type 7s. (i.e. the translation is controlled from the ASBR via the P bit)

I know that I can do "area nssa translate" on the NSSA ASBR or ABR, but this isn't selective, and translates all type 5s.

I am also aware of the summary-address not-advertise command, but I think this is only for ABRs and I am unclear whether it changes the P bit.

If the summary-address not-advertise could be configured on the NSSA ASBR, and it changes the P bit, it would be ideal.

2 REPLIES
Purple

Re: Selectively Setting the NSSA P Bit on the ASBR

Hi,

The "summary-address not-advertise" command can be used on ASBRs to do what you want. The "summary-address not-advertise" command above generates a type 7 LSA that will not be translated into type 5 by the NSSA ABR.

In fact, the "summary-address" command was originally designed for use only on ASBRs. Later IOS cuts now allow the use of that command on ABRs that may not also be ASBRs in order to summarize Type-5 LSAs.

Paresh.

Re: Selectively Setting the NSSA P Bit on the ASBR

Paresh,

Thank you for your help,

Much appreciated,

Views
Helpful
Replies