Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Send Some Traps to Especific Syslog Server

Can i enable the following Command on a router:

snmp-server enable traps config

And that the router sends to an especific syslog server all the config traps ?????

5 REPLIES

Re: Send Some Traps to Especific Syslog Server

That command will enable the router to send configuration notifications, however you will also need additional commands depending where you want the alerts sent.

To send to a network management server, something similar to below would be needed:

snmp-server host x.x.x.x

To send to a syslog server, the command below would be needed where x.x.x.x is the ip address of your syslog server:

logging x.x.x.x

I know these commands, But i have a Syslog configured onthe routers and i want to send only de Config-Changes to this new Syslog Server.

I've never seen it used to send messages to a syslog server, I've only seen it used to send snmp alerts to a network management station.

What exactly are you trying to do, send a syslog message back to your server everytime a change is made?

You have configured an SNMP trap to be sent when the configuration is changed. A syslog server will not receive the message unless it is also configured as an SNMP trap receiver.

Yes

I have an network Integrity Department that need to monitor all the changes in the network.

And i have a network Monitor Group that monitor all the events of failures or whatever of the equipment.

I want to have a syslog server dedicated to the Integrity Department.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content