Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Serial Interface Config

A serial interface of 3640 router was configured with a specified value. While i try to remove the clock rate command completely ( no clock rate) i get an error message as "FECPM PM doesn't support clock rate 0". Now how to go about this?

3 REPLIES

Re: Serial Interface Config

since you've tried this:

clock rate

To configure the clock rate for the hardware connections on serial interfaces such as network interface modules (NIMs) and interface processors to an acceptable bit rate, use the clock rate command in interface configuration mode. To remove the clock rate if you change the interface from a DCE to a DTE device, use the no form of this command. Using the no form of this command on a DCE interface sets the clock rate to the hardware-dependent default value.

Try this:

Back up the config. Power off the router. Remove the serial interface. (3640 is not hot swap) boot up without the serial interface. do a wr mem. Power off and insert the interface. reconfig. just an idea.

I'll take a guess.

Try "default clock rate"

i don't know if I'd do something as drastic as removing the hardware from the box.

How about this one:

do a ' no int sX' (X being being your serial interface)

save your config

reload

then rebuild your serial int with the settings you want.

Views
Helpful
Replies