Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Setting dialer strings with SNMP

We have serveral CISCO 3640 access-servers in use. The connection to the mobile remote-clients (ISDN and/or analog) are handeld by dialer interfaces. The connection can be established by both sides (access-server or remote-client). Is it possible to set and change the 'dialer string' for the dialer profiles using SNMP (MIB variable)? Or does anybody has or uses another solution such as remote-shell?

Any help or usefull hints are welcome. Thank's.

Daniel Ruch

• Other Network Infrastructure Subjects
3 REPLIES
Blue

Re: Setting dialer strings with SNMP

NetConfig in CW2K RME application can be used for this.

Thank's for replaying. I know the solution with NetConfig. But we have to handle the dialer string changing with our own application without any "manual" configuration tasks. That's why I'm looking for a specific MIB variable. I found a variable containing the dialer string in the CISCO-ISDN-MIB (demandNbrAddress). But I can't see the link between the table entries and my dialer interfaces. May be somebody already used this?

I'm not sure of your workflow, but could you use the ccCopy MIB for this? There's also the perfectly good "old-fashioned" MIB for doing this too. Search for- DocID 7910- Moving Files and Images Between a Router and TFTP Server via SNMP.

In a nutshell, manually or scriptmagically make changes to a config file on your TFTP server, and use your RW community string with one of the above MIBs to copy the config file (you can do the whole config file or just changes) to the device's running config.

Generally speaking, there are very few ways to "Set" a parameter on a SNMP-enabled device. Or at least the parameters I am usually interested in "Set"ting. :)

Regards,

Ken

Views
Helpful
Replies