Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

setting up 2 vlans for 2 pixs.

I have a situation that I was trying to seek some assistance on. At this site, there are 2 Internet connections, 1 T1 and 1 Cable. Right now everything is going out the T1. They would like to add the cable ISP and a PIX 501 for guests and have all the Access Points using the Cable ISP and keep everything internal using the T1 like they are now. The current setup goes like this. T1 -> PIX 515 -> Cisco 4000 series router -> 2950. Would like the add the Cable -> PIX 501 -> 2950 -> AP. I know that I need to configure a VLAN for the wireless on the 2950s, but how would I configure a default route since the default route is being used already for the the other VLAN? I think that I am making this much more difficult than it really is.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Bronze

Re: setting up 2 vlans for 2 pixs.

Each VLAN will have a different default route. Configure the DHCP server on the wireless VLAN to have the PIX 501 connected to the Cable broadband connection as the default gateway.

Views
Helpful
Replies