Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up a router

admin_2
Level 3
Level 3

Need help in setting up a router.....

1. If i want to set up a router... what are the method to set it up.....

What are the commands...

2. should i write scripts...............to set it up.....like if i want to connect it to internet....or to some other router in a different location...?.If yes please tell me how to write the commands......or give me link to the site which will help me out

6 Replies 6

ywadhavk
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not applicable

hi...

When i tried to click the link u have given......i was prompted for the password and user name......Actually i entered it wrong........

then i reloaded it again....but shows the message in the link.....it comes again and again.....

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/hw/routers/ps259/prod_technical_documentation.html

thanks

jaizal

steve
Level 1
Level 1

Easiest first step is to console onto router and see if any default config exists or what just appears on the screen.

Not applicable

Yes i have done that....But i want connect two router....at different places....

What are the commands i should give in a Cisco Router....

OR

How to set up a router in the easiest way

There are a few tools for creating some basic configurations for routers - starting with Cisco Config Maker for lower end devices (up to series 4000) to the using FirstStep CDs that come with routers or using the CRWS tool that is supported on eg 800 broadband routers.

cheers

Steve

t.hadarson
Level 1
Level 1

You can try to write the command setup in priv mode.

ex.

router#setup

Then you should get a dialog for setting up interfaces ip addresses and so on.

Hope this help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: