cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

setting up a user login on a AS2511

Hi,

I'd like some help on setting up a user login on a AS2511. User connects to the AS VIA the ethernet port, I'd like to have a log in so only a select few can gain access, (I do not want to leave it wide open for anyone to log in) once in then be able to telnet to the other devices. Thanks in advance for any and all help with this.

Ziggy

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: setting up a user login on a AS2511

If I understand you correctly, you'd like to have access control for the AS2511 through user login.

First, you can control those who can telnet to the router using ACLs and access-class command

under 'line vty 0 4' but this is optional. For user login access to the router via telnet, you can try the following:

[global]

username password

username privilege -----> OPTIONAL

[line vty o 4]

login local

Caution: Be careful not to be locked out of the router because you will need to reload the router to recover.

You may want to open another telnet session before making any changes to router login.

HTH.

Thanks for the response, it has pointed me in the right direction. Thanks for your help

Ziggy

Hi,

if I understand correctly you might want users to telnet to servers connected to the asynchronous lines on your AS?

I think it's a good idea to use the autocommand feature to force users to connect to particular machine after login to the access server.

Example config (let's say you want to force user term2 to connect to a server connected to line2 on your AS):

username term2 noescape password xxxxxxxx

username term2 autocommand telnet port2

ip host port2 2002 a.b.c.d

But be carefull, the autocommand doesn't work together with aaa new-model (it should but I've found a bug in IOS 12.0(10)).

Regards,

Milan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content