Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

setting up span port on 4510 to capture tarffic

Hi All

I get a sudden random drop out on my network and there are no trails left on the logs of the cisco switches. I have had Cisco Tac have a look at this issue. Cant find anything. I have a 600mb pipe on the network.

I only seem to have these issues with games console that run a bespoke app.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/switches/catalyst-6500-series-switches/10570-41.html

The access switches are 4510. I have read a link above and im getting a little confused as it has bundled all the different switches in.

If I set up span port of the switch could I have the PlayStation plugged in to one port spanning its traffic to a laptop to with wire shark  (packet sniffer software).

What would be the best set up for me.

Many thanks

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Just follow the example in

Just follow the example in this specific section of that document. That will mirror all traffic from the source port to the destination port.

1 REPLY
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Just follow the example in

Just follow the example in this specific section of that document. That will mirror all traffic from the source port to the destination port.

Views
Helpful
Replies