cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

setting up subinterface on 2600

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all,im having an issue setting up a subinterface for vlan routing on my 2600, it let me set up the sub-if but wont let me assign the encapsulation and vlan number to the sub-if, it says it must be connected to a ieee-8021q network when I assign an ip ? how do I set this up on my 2600 ?

thanks

Carl

5 Replies 5

jackyoung
Level 6
Level 6

Please check below link for the 802.1q configuration. You can seach correponding info. in CCO easily.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1830/products_feature_guide09186a008008742b.html

Hope this helps.

mchoo2005
Level 1
Level 1

What sort of Ethernet interface were you trying to configure the dot1q on? 10 or 100? 10Mb Ethernet ports don't support this functionality. Only FE and above. Even then, it depends on your IOS feature set too, at least with the "older" platforms. I'm not 100% sure, but I _think_ you'd need at least IP Plus feature set (12.2 or earlier). I think IP Only or IP Base feature sets don't support this capability.

HTH.

Hi all

I have changed the ios, I am getting this error message on my subinterface

"Configuring IP routing on a LAN subinterface is only allowed if that

subinterface is already configured as part of an IEEE 802.10, IEEE 802.1Q,

or ISL vLAN."

Can anyone help ASAP

Cheers

Carl

Did you follow the link to config the router that I provided to you ? If yes, which command you cannot config ?

Which IOS is running ?

An example

interface fasthernet 0

no ip address

interface FastEthernet 0.1

encapsulation dot1q

ip address X.X.X.X ....

int fa0.2

encap dot1q

ip address

Regards,

Gaurav

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: