cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up TestBed for Fram Connections.

stownsend
Level 2
Level 2

I'm setting up 4 routers that will all be connected via Frame relay. I know without lots of equipment I cant really emulate the Frame Relay Connection. Though I'd still like to make sure I have all of the routing config'd correctly.

I have 3 remote Offices (1721s) connecting to HQ (2620)

Is there any way I can simulate this with just the T1 Cross Over Cable? I know I might only be able to connect one remote office at a time, but I would beable to test the configs.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott<-

2 Replies 2

j-bliss
Level 1
Level 1

Yes you can emulate a frame Relay switch without a bunch of equiptment.. If you have 4 routers, 4 DTE, and 4 DCE cables you can emulate your network. For example you would make all connections on your 2620 router DCE and connect to the remote officec via the DTE connnection. DCE is typically female and DTE being male. at the glogal configuration prompt type in frame-relay switching. Then configure on each interface encapsuation frame-relay and frame-relay intf-type dce. This information is available in the CCNP Building Scalable Cisco Network book. (formaly ACRC) By cisco press.

Thank you for the reply.

The remote offices are connecting to the corp netwrk via one Frame Circuit. So the Small branch Offices have 384K and the HQ will have a 1.536 Frame connection.

I only have one T1 WIC Card in each of the units. I would have to eihter use one at a time to test, no big deal, or find some other equipment to break up the connection into channels...

Thanks again for the reply.

Scott<-