Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Setting up two sites

ABC Co.Site A has a 2620 router point to point T1 which is 10.1.1.1 goes to our data center then to the internet.

ABC Co. Site B has a 1750 router point to point T1 which is 10.1.2.1 to our data center then to the internet.

They have a application server at site A that Site B gets information from. The customer says it is two slow because of the hops I have to agree.

What is the best action to take and how? Maybe a point to point from site to site then just let Site B go out Site A internet. Would I just need a second WIC T1 and have Site B go to Site A and add a route to route out Site A to the internet.

I am a voice and VoIP guy and only have been doing routing 3 years and it consist of 25% of my job so I do not do it alot.

2 REPLIES

Re: Setting up two sites

What is ping round-trip time if you ping siteA from site B for example? I'm asking this to have an idea abot delay of te path. Furthermore what is T1 line utilization you see on site A and siteB? And is this making a top durig the transferr process that your customer claims to be slow? You can check this simlpy issuing "show interface serialx/X " commands or if you're using a tool MRTG you can have a better idea about this in a time period. Some more questions :) can you say a sample file transfer time like this "xxx Kbytes of file in YYY minutes"? and last one: Have you got any QoS feature configured on your routers to provide a certain bandwidth to VoIP and remaining to the other apps?

Regards

Re: Setting up two sites

First yes that is a good idea I am using MRTG I will get them to access the app and check the reports.

Yes we do QOS and since I am study for DQOS I have been looking to see if we are using everything we can with out creating over kill.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content