cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

setup for firewall

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi all, im new to firewall and ASA. we are thinking of putting some servers on my lan behind a firewall, and access to these servers would be via the ASA, my question is if we wanted to keep the same ip addresses on the servers, can we run the asa in transparent mode, but yet still use access lists from different sources to and from these servers ?

cheers

Carl

3 Replies 3

m-haddad
Level 5
Level 5

Hello.

What do you mean keep the same IP addresses on the server? Before the ASA what was their IP addresses?

I am asking the above questions because ASA does support inside to outside communication without the need to NAT the source IP.

Regards,

chetankamra
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Yes you can keep source ip same keeping ASA in transperent Mode. IS ASA/Servers are hosting a public site or ??

Thanks

Chetan

they are not hosting a public site, they just sit internal on the same lan, so can i use the asa as a firewall for these servers and apply access lists to them etc, do i need to put them on another vlan though in transparent mode also ?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: