cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Sh cdp not displaying

londint
Level 1
Level 1

We have all our edge - access switches connected to 2 core switches.

When I do a sh cdp nei on one switch, I see all these access switches but when I do the same on the second switch I do not see them at all although they are physically connected to this switch. Topology Service within CiscoWorks also does not pick them up.

Trunking is set to ON at both ends.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for your help

7 Replies 7

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

cdp can be disabled per interface by the command: no cdp enable.

Or is that too simple? Blocked ports could not cause this kind of behaviour as CDP is also active on blocked links.

No, I do not want to disable cdp and cdp is currently enabled on all switches.

Thanks

Are their IP addresses in the same Vlan?

Thanks you so very much. I dont know why and when it happened but it looks as if a code upgrade at some time disabled the cdp on some of the switches as it was never done manually.

So now I can see all.

Thanks

Thanks you so very much. I dont know why and when it happened but it looks as if a code upgrade at some time disabled the cdp on some of the switches as it was never done manually.

So now I can see all.

Thanks

efrahim
Level 4
Level 4

It could be possible is the cdp is disabled on those interface --

Can you post the output of sh cdp from both the switch- the second switch and the access switch it can't see..

sh cdp port, sh cdp, sh port--- from both switches..

thanx

So now I can see all.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: