Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

sh counter and line dot3StatsSymbolErrors

Hi,

I have to module WS-X6148-GE-TX and I have to message "dot3StatsSymbolErrors" with error. I see my server giga, but I not have menu for modify parameter of reception...

Any know this problem ?

> 12 dot3StatsSymbolErrors = 499

> 0 txPause = 0

> 1 rxPause = 0

> 0 rxTotalDrops = 0

> 1 rxFIFOFull = 0

> 2 rxBadCode = 499

Is the same that undersize for interface 10/100 ? . So the frames received that are smaller than the minimum IEEE 802.3 frame size of 64 bytes and for Gigaethernet smaller than frame size of 518 bytes.

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: sh counter and line dot3StatsSymbolErrors

The following page has an explanation for these errors

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/cat6000/sw_8_4/cmd_ref/sh_a_c.htm#wp1081416

For an interface operating at 100 Mb per second, the number of times there was an invalid data symbol when a valid carrier was present.

For an interface operating in half-duplex mode at 1000 Mb per second, the number of times the receiving media is non-idle (a carrier event) for a period of time equal to or greater than slotTime, and during which there was at least one occurrence of an event that causes the PHY to indicate 'Data reception error' or 'carrier extend error' on the GMII.

For an interface operating in full-duplex mode at 1000 Mb per second, the number of times the receiving media is non-idle (a carrier event) for a period of time equal to or greater than minFrameSize, and during which there was at least one occurrence of an event that causes the PHY to indicate 'Data reception error' on the GMII.

The count represented by an instance of this object is incremented at most once per carrier event, even if multiple symbol errors occur during the carrier event. This count does not increment if a collision is present.

Discontinuities in the value of this counter can occur at reinitialization of the management system, and at other times as indicated by the value of ifCounterDiscontinuityTime.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content