Views
Helpful
Replies

sh ip cache flow

runaway88
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I have a question about NetFlow, would need to know as I ought to keep the information flow, understand that "sh ip cache flow" showing the summary information, because we do the show constantly displays too much information but it is not historical, just pass flows active.

Also investigate these commands "sh ip cache flow aggregation destination-prefix" and "sh ip cache flow aggregation source-prefix" these summarized the information is to have a summary idea of ​​traffic. Also another command to find out "sh ip flow top-talkers" but does not serve me.

I wonder if some have no idea how to save the information in sh ip cache flow? This is what interests me, but I find no solution on this issue.

Help me how to fix please?

Thanks,

Regards

Sabrina

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sabrina

As you have observed the show ip cache flow gives you information about the current flows and does not have historical information. If you want to see historical information with NetFlow then you need to send the NetFlow data from the router or switch to a device that will receive and store the NetFlow data. This collector will store the NetFlow and allow you to examine the data to get historical information about flows that have happened. There are multiple NetFlow collectors available. One that I have had experience with is Scrutinizer.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sabrina

As you have observed the show ip cache flow gives you information about the current flows and does not have historical information. If you want to see historical information with NetFlow then you need to send the NetFlow data from the router or switch to a device that will receive and store the NetFlow data. This collector will store the NetFlow and allow you to examine the data to get historical information about flows that have happened. There are multiple NetFlow collectors available. One that I have had experience with is Scrutinizer.

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick

Thanks Richard!

For brevity, I start to analyze

Regards,

Sabrina.