Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

shaping on physical and sub interface

Hello,

I currently have a few sub interfaces on my router for various reasons.  I have a service policy applied to those sub interfaces and the service policy has the shaping command in it, and its all working fine.  My physcial interface G0/0 is where I have an EIGRP neighbor and all of the routes are populated.

The problem is I want to apply a service policy to the physical interface and I am not able do so.

I get this:

router(config-if)#service-policy output g0-shape-out

user-defined classes with queueing features are not allowed in a service-policy at sub-interface/pvc

in conjunction with user-defined classes with queueing features in a service-policy at sub-interface/pvc

This is becuase the shaping command is already used in the service policy on the existing sub interfaces.

What I am wondering is, would it be best practice for me to not use the physical interface eg G0/0 when I have sub interfaces?  For example my existing subinterfaces are g0/0.802, g0/0.803 ,g0/0.804.  Should I setup a new sub interfaced call g0/0.100 and move the config from G0/0 to this new sub interface and use that as my main eigrp neighbor interface so that I can apply shaping to that sub interface?  Or is there a better way to apply multiple services policies that include shaping?

Thanks,

Dan.

Views
Helpful
Replies