Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

sharing NM24DM with two NM E1 and 2 ip pools

hi all

I've a C3640 with 1 NM 24 mica modem and 2 E1 configured as pri (with 2 phone n°)

i want to perform ppp cback,ppp authe chap , work with a ip pool p1 with the first E1

i don't want to perform cback, ppp authent,and work with a ip pool p2 for the second.

here is a piece of conf (incomplete it's just to explain)

control E1 0/0

pri-group timeslot 1 31

control E1 1/0

pri-group timeslot 1 31

int group-async 1

peer def ip add pool p1

ppp callback accept

ppp authent chap callin

group-range 97 108

------

int group-async 2

peer def ip add pool p2

group range 109 120

----

line 97 108

modem inout

login local

transport input all

autoselect during login

----

line 109 120

modem inout

----

The pb is that the 3640 assign async port in an increasing way so after 12 connections on the first phone n° the port is 109 and the ip pool becomes p2

and i've ppp authen problems.

how can i force incoming calls on a PRI to use only a specific range of 1async

ports and no more? a sample conf would be useful

Thanks a lot

1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

Re: sharing NM24DM with two NM E1 and 2 ip pools

Unfortunately on 3600 paltforms, The feature you are looking for (modem pooling) is not available on 3600 platform..Means there is no way to direct incoming calls to specific or group of specific modems..so 3600 will pick the modem for incoming call on round robin fashion..

On 5300 onwards platforms, modem pooling or resource pooling based on dnis or so is available so that you can use specific group of modems based on the number dialed to terminate the calls.

Views
Helpful
Replies