Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Webcast-Catalyst9k

Sharing Topology Views

I have recently installed CiscoWorks LMS 2.2. This includes Campus Manager 3.3.

My question is: Is there a way to share the Maps in Topology Services that are created with an administrative account to all users? Specifically the Network Views and VTP Views.

I would like everyone to have the same view of the network for consistency. I will be opening this tool up to our Help Desk users and want to make sure that they see the maps I want them to see versus having to sort all the devices out.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Sharing Topology Views

I have arranged things exactly as you ask using a scheduled Unix shell script (see example below). I suppose you can figure out yourself the necessary changes for a Windows server or another Unix flavour.

First, put an entry in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root with the name /usr/local/sbin/cp_map (or whatever you choose as the location and name of the shell script). This schedules (via root's cron) the script at regular intervals (once a day at 6 a.m. in our case).

Second, in the shell script cp_map, copy all files /opt/CSCOpx/etc/users/admin/*.xml (these are the layout definitions of CW2000 user admin) to the corresponding files of all other CW2000 users in /opt/CSCOpx/etc/users/*. You can do this by using a shell command like 'for i in (user1 user2.....) do copy ....../admin/*.xml ....../users/user1/'.

This should do the job for all views that admin uses. No groups or anything like that are required. Good luck!

4 REPLIES
vev

Thanks for pointing me to the referenced doc. While creating the groups takes me part of the way towards my goal, I would still like every user to view the group/map that I modified to show a clearer picture of the network. I tested the newly created group and found that each user, while they can see the specific devices, had to modify their own view.

Does anyone know how I can take this one step further to copy the modified map that I create to each users view?

Thanks,

John

I have arranged things exactly as you ask using a scheduled Unix shell script (see example below). I suppose you can figure out yourself the necessary changes for a Windows server or another Unix flavour.

First, put an entry in /var/spool/cron/crontabs/root with the name /usr/local/sbin/cp_map (or whatever you choose as the location and name of the shell script). This schedules (via root's cron) the script at regular intervals (once a day at 6 a.m. in our case).

Second, in the shell script cp_map, copy all files /opt/CSCOpx/etc/users/admin/*.xml (these are the layout definitions of CW2000 user admin) to the corresponding files of all other CW2000 users in /opt/CSCOpx/etc/users/*. You can do this by using a shell command like 'for i in (user1 user2.....) do copy ....../admin/*.xml ....../users/user1/'.

This should do the job for all views that admin uses. No groups or anything like that are required. Good luck!

This seems to do the trick!!

I did what you suggested manually and the maps, in the layouts I want, come up for all of my users.

Thank you very much.

John

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content