Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

show interface output

Hi

Can anyone explain me the different of the show interface output on switch 2950

ignored - no buffer

crc - frame

overrun - underrun

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: show interface output

Hi Friend,

Ignored -- Shows the number of received packets ignored by the interface because the interface hardware ran low on internal buffers. These buffers are different from the system buffers. Broadcast storms and bursts of noise can cause the ignored count to be increased.

CRC -- Indicates that the cyclic redundancy checksum generated by the originating LAN station or far-end device does not match the checksum calculated from the data received. On a LAN, this usually indicates noise or transmission problems on the LAN interface or the LAN bus itself. A high number of CRCs is usually the result of collisions or a station transmitting bad data.

Overrun -- Shows the number of times that the receiver hardware was incapable of handing received data to a hardware buffer because the input rate exceeded the receiver's capability to handle the data.

Underrun -- Gives the number of times that the transmitter has been running faster than the router can handle. This may never be reported on some interfaces

HTH, if yes please rate the post.

Ankur

Re: show interface output

Hi Friend

Thank for reply

I think the meaning of overrun output is the same as underrun output ( transmit faster than recieve can handle) and ignored output is the same as no buffer (lower buffer / no buffer can handle )

I would like to know the different of meaning between them

Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content