Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Simple bridge between 2610 routers

I had originally configured two 2610 routers with one having 192.0.100.1 address on the Ethernet port and Serial Port unnumbered and the other having 192.0.101.1 address on the Ethernet port and Serial Port unnumbered. The serial port is a 56K csu. This worked, but I uncovered a problem with my client/server application that required that I put both sides of my WAN in the 192.0.100 network. Now I think I need to reset the routers to some default state because I've experimented with settings and can no longer ping one router from the other. After that I will need to have a simple bridge so that all traffic is broadcast on both ends of the 56k link.

1 REPLY
Bronze

Re: Simple bridge between 2610 routers

In order to bridge ip, you need to disable ip routing, 'no ip routing', set up a bridge group, 'bridge 1 protocol ieee', and then put every interface on which you wish to bridge traffic in this bridge group with the 'bridge-group 1' interface subcommand. This includes the serial interfaces.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content