Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Single FastEthernet between Cat5500 and Router 7507

My LAN on Cat5500 is flat without any VLAN(default VLAN 1) configured. A FastEthernet fiber link is used to connect to router 7507. What kind of configuration(ISL,Fastetherchannel,trunk,spanning tree....) is appropriate for such a single link?

Thanks a lot for any responses.

2 REPLIES
Bronze

Re: Single FastEthernet between Cat5500 and Router 7507

If you're only using 1 VLAN then you don't need to use ISL/trunking. And Etherchannel is for 2+ links. The Spanning Tree configuration on that particular switch port won't matter, as routers don't run Spanning Tree. So you should be ok with just default settings.

Re: Single FastEthernet between Cat5500 and Router 7507

So how should the FastEthernet interface in Router7507(IOS 12.2) and the FastEthernet port in the Cat5509(CatOS 5.4) configurations looks like?

I'm currently having frequent few seconds cut-off on the FastEthernet link. Nothing abnormal on the CPU process,link statistics,log messages on both devices except that beyond the switch, there are several other switches to accomodate 2000+ computers. Router is also suffering from virus attacks(causing CPU to have random spikes), thus Netflow is activated on FastEthernet interface occasionally to check rogue hosts. No dropped session if I telnet to router via serial links.

Thanks again.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content