Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Slow access of internet after sunset

One of my users who is directly connected to me by 64K lease line complains about slow access of internet after sunset, and next day after sunrise speed of accesss again become OK. I have do not find packet drop on the link and I do have enough spare capacity on gateway link beyond day time. Where should I find fault.

2 REPLIES

Re: Slow access of internet after sunset

Is it just this user having this slowdown problem after the sunsets, or other users?

How is this users LAN segment connecting to where your 64k line is back to you? Is this someones home, and are they using some SOHO router (Linksys, etc) to share bandwidth with other PCs in their home/office, etc?

How many other users are using your Internet connection after sunset? Perhaps someone is doing some streaming or heavy downloading, is running a FTP server at night, etc. A sniffer trace at the slow time might be useful in revealing the traffic that could be slowing the connection down.

Is it a full moon when this happens? :)

Erick

Re: Slow access of internet after sunset

This possibility that somebody is doing heavy download or any kind of attack is eliminated because I do not find any traffic on the interface by observing show interface command. Additionally I do not find any packet loss when I ping to neighbor wan interface. Therefore I can not blame telco also.

Views
Helpful
Replies