cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow Frame relay

jhouser79
Level 1
Level 1

What is it that i am looking at when i log into a cisco 1700 router encapsulated for frame relay. I see lots of errors that i am not understanding. Such as out put errors, Frame and other such things that appear when i do a Sh int s0 i dont know what it is that these are each explaining. If some one is able to help me i would greatly appreciate it and i will be more then helpfull to better explain if needed. Im sorry but im working my way to become CCNA. thanks

3 Replies 3

jarose
Level 1
Level 1

I very much doubt this is the forum to answer your question, as it is rather vague and lacks any form of detail.

I would humbly suggest that you do a course on Frame Relay, or buy some technical books on Frame Relay... or make the Cisco Documentation CD your bed-time reading activity.

twiggles
Level 1
Level 1

I must agree with my curt and unhelpful colleague about needing background knowledge on FR. However until you get it this problem isn't going to magically go away soooo:

Check the encapsulation

check the LMI type (should match upstream provider)

make sure the interface isn't looped (sounds like it's passing *some* traffic so it shouldn't be)

make sure the interface sends keepalives

if you're using Frame relay inverse-arp maybe configure map statements

check dlci number if you use subinterfaces

Hope that helps

svermill
Level 4
Level 4

Jason,

This link is for troubleshooting serial problems in general, not necessarily Frame Relay. It should help you to decipher some of the different error types.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/112/chapter15.htm

Here is a linke that has more info on Frame Relay than you ever wanted:

http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/PSP/psp_view.pl?p=Internetworking:Frame_Relay

Regards,

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: