Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Slow Insallation of Ciscoworks 2000 on Windows 2000

What are typical installation times for CD One 5th edition and Resource Manager Essentials 3.4? CD one took over 4 hours and Essentials over 12. hours. I suspect this is way above normal.

I am installing on Windows 2000 SP 3, on a Dell server with dual Pentium III 1400Mhz processors and 1 Gig of RAM and 2 gig of paging space. I have HP-OV NNM 6.31 installed, but have shut down all processes before starting the install. I have also made sure all directory names are less than 8 characters and do not contain blanks. Dell's Open Manage applications are also installed.

I recognize that SP3 is not supported, but I'm wondering if there is anything else I should check before starting over with SP2.

1 REPLY
Blue

Re: Slow Insallation of Ciscoworks 2000 on Windows 2000

- SP3 is not supported

- For HPOV on the same server, the installation might take significantly longer to complete. Stop all HPOV services before installing CD One.

- This is what the CD-One 5th Ed Install Guide says for the install time:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cw2000/cw2000_d/5steditn/ig_win/instl.htm

"The CD One installation program takes approximately 30 minutes to complete on a Windows machine with the minimum required hardware. This can extend to one hour if you perform network management integration during the installation process."

- For RME 3.4 install, this is what the Install Guide says for the time:

"The Essentials installation takes approximately 30 minutes."

Views
Helpful
Replies