Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing an issue with LAN slowness with the following setup:

1 WS-C3560-48PS

1 WS-C3560G-48PS

Various 79xx phones including 12's 40's and 60's

The switches are running the following IOS:

c3560-ipbase-mz.122-25.SEE3.bin

The phones are running 8.0(7) SCCP firmware or equiv. across all the phones.

The issue is that over time PC's connected through the phones begin to have degraded access to the LAN/Internet through the Access port on the phone. PC's that are not plugged into phones function just fine. The agents have to reboot their phones to fix the problem, then it the process starts over.

The problem itself does not happen to all the phones at the same time, but seems to be independent.

Any thoughts of suggestions?

4 Replies 4

lgijssel
Level 9
Level 9

This seems to be software related indeed altough there is little info available.

For example, I would like to know if this is a new network or an existing environment?

When did the problems start?

Can you see any difference to speed/duplex settings when the degradation appears?

To help troubleshooting I would advise making a packet trace of a working and a faulty session, preferrably the same transfer so that a good comparison becomes possible.

regards,

Leo

glen.grant
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would make sure the pc nic settings are set as auto and not hardcoded when you plug them into the phones, if they aren't you will probably have a mismatch .

This is a fairly new network. The problem has been around since the beginning, but has gotten to the point where its happening several times a day with some of the phones.

As far as the port speed settings go, we have tried both ways on the phone itself and verified that its set to auto on the PC's

They have all reset their phones this morning so I am having them do a packet trace now and one when it slows down.

I received the packet trace info and there is no obvious slowness from the packet trace. I had the user bypass the phone entirely and run the packet traces again and they came back with the same results, all under 10ms to internal and external sources. Most of the phones are running the following build:

P00307020400

We have upgraded a few of the phones to:

P00308000700

Its the same issue no matter the load of the phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco