cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SNMP: 2511RJ Unknown MIB, Searching for Data

StevenHB
Level 1
Level 1

I'm trying to monitor a 2511RJ Router running IOS 11.2(23) P using What's Up Gold.

WUG is returning data from a MIB that it identifies only as local.9.2.1.21.0, which appears to be a numerically indexed table of information about the ports on this router. I'm quite confident that the data being returned here is the same as that which is returned for ciscoTcpConnInBytes for the connection to that port.

Two questions:

1) How do I determine the MIB that is associated with this numeric address so that I can load it?

2) Is there a numerically-indexed MIB for ciscoTcpConnOutBytes?

When I say "numerically-indexed" I mean to distinguish between tables that are indexed by integers (1 .. maxPortNum) and those that are indexed by the combination of router-ip.router-port.remote-device-ip.remote-device-port. In my particular application, the remote device port changes each time the system is rebooted, making it impossible to use for monitoring in WUG.

2 Replies 2

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

ciscoTcpConnInBytes is from CISCO-TCP-MIB. local.9.2.1.21.0 apears to be tsLineTimeActive from OLD-CISCO-TS-MIB. You can use You can use the CCO SNMP Object Navigator (http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/Support/Mibbrowser/unity.pl) to translate the MIB/OIDs.

Thank you for your quick response. The CCO Object Navigator is very helpful (and surprisingly difficult to find).

The second question remains unanswered: Is there a way to get to ciscoTcpConnInBytes and ciscoTcpConnOutBytes (or similar information for the ports as opposed to the connections - I have only one connection per port) using numeric indexing?

Also, FYI, ftp://ftp.cisco.com/pub/mibs/v1/OLD-CISCO-TS-MIB.my returns an error.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: